2024 Suzuki Workshop
January 27, 2024
The Tennessee Cello Workshop hosts a one-day Suzuki cello program on Saturday, January 27, 2024. This one-day program is designed for beginning through intermediate Suzuki trained cellists ages 3 to 10. Participants can anticipate an enjoyable, educational, and motivating experience. Students who are playing standard cello literature, are eleven or older, or who have the endurance for the full three-day TCW schedule should consider registering for the entire TCW weekend. (Note: students entering any of the TCW cello competitions need to register for the full three-day TCW.)
The Suzuki Program participation includes:
- A private lesson in a small group setting (this is offered on a first come, first serve basis, for the first 30 paid registrants)
- Participation in group classes covering technique and repertoire
- Experience improvising
- A cello calisthenics session
- A group performance opportunity
- A workshop t-shirt
- A group Suzuki recital performance at the end of the afternoon
- Admission to the Saturday night TCW faculty recital
- Cello, bow, and end pin stop (with student’s name on each)
- Height appropriate chair or stool if student needs a special height
- Healthy snacks, dessert plate to share
- Notebook & camera (for parents)
- Review pieces prepared through student’s Suzuki book level
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes
Each student MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A PARENT OR GUARDIAN.
A Polished Piece | Students should bring a memorized, polished piece to play for a teacher in a group lesson setting.
A list of review pieces will be sent out to all Suzuki Workshop registrants.