Apply to UT Music
Undergraduate admission to the College of Music for all bachelors degrees requires 2 steps:
1. Apply to the University of Tennessee
Apply via the Common Application or VIP Portal. Visit admissions.utk.edu for more information.
- November 1: Application deadline to be considered for competitive scholarships (Chancellor’s Honors Program etc.)
- December 15: Final application deadline for Undergraduate freshman students
- April 1: Application deadline for Undergraduate international students
- June 1: Application deadline for Undergraduate transfer students
2. Apply to the College of Music
ALL students who wish to major in any music degree or minor in music MUST apply to the College of Music in addition to applying to the University of Tennessee. You may submit your College of Music application and your University of Tennessee application in any order. Both MUST be submitted.
AUDITION/INTERVIEW DATES for Fall 2024. Applications to the College of Music are due January 10th, 2024 unless otherwise noted. Please remember applications to UT are due December 15th (see UT Application in Step 1 above).
Saturday, December 9, 2023 – Undergraduates (Graduates by request only)
Friday, January 19, 2024 – Undergraduates/Graduates
Saturday, January 20, 2024 – Undergraduates/Graduates
Saturday, January 27, 2024 – Graduates (Vocal Area only)
Saturday, February 3, 2024 – Undergraduates/Graduates
Or Audition Virtually – for this option, you must upload your audition videos with your application.