Notes from the Director 1
Notes from the Director 2
- The University of Tennessee announced that campus will officially re-open on August 10th and resume normal campus operations. This includes the Natalie L. Haslam Music Center.
- UT is still asking everyone to stay off campus as much as possible. We realize that there may be times you need to come to campus for various things. We will have more updates soon on access to campus and the Natalie L. Haslam Music Center.
- The fall schedule of classes has been reworked. There are new times for all classes, and there are now 25 minutes between each class.
- Each professor has chosen the teaching modality for each class – face-to-face, online, or hybrid.
- If after seeing the new schedule of classes, you find the modality will not work for you, or you do not have the technology or internet connection to take the class online, please contact the School of Music. We will assist you in finding a solution.
- The School of Music is offering a limited number of recital spots for those that need to perform a recital this fall in order to graduate. Please contact the professor you have been working with to determine if your recital is required.
- Audience members will be limited to the faculty working with you and your immediate family.
- Recitals will only be offered on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays in order to limit the footprint on campus and to ensure those attending from off-campus can come to the safest and healthiest environment possible.
- We are excited to announce a virtual concert and lecture series starting during the fall semester. If you have an exciting research project or a performance that you would like to share, please contact the faculty you have been working with to get their approval. We will then be sure to include it in the concert series.
- The Natalie L. Haslam Music Center now has an all-gender bathroom. It is to the right of Room 113 in the hallway next to the administrative offices.