The Bachelor of Music degree is the undergraduate professional degree in music. Its primary emphasis is the development of the skills, concepts, and sensitivity essential to the professional life of a musician. In any of the roles as performer, composer, scholar, or teacher, the professional musician must function as a practitioner who exhibits not only technical competence but also a broad knowledge of music literature, sensitivity in musical style, and insight into the role of music in the life of humankind.
The BM in Music Performance degree prepares students for further study in music performance (Masters Degrees) or for careers as private teachers. Graduates with this degree have successful careers with symphony orchestras or military bands.
Click on the links below to view concentration requirements:
- Music Major, BM – Brass Instruments Concentration
- Music Major, BM – Organ Concentration
- Music Major, BM – Piano Concentration
- Music Major, BM – Strings Concentration
- Music Major, BM – Voice Concentration
- Music Major, BM – Woodwind and Percussion Instruments Concentration