One component of the TCW this year will be a cello ensemble recording. Please download the parts to Brandenburg 3. We have pre-assigned parts for everyone just to make sure all parts are covered. If we missed your name (we're sorry!) please pick a part and record.
Below are directions for recording, please pay attention to all of them otherwise we will not be able to use your video:
- 2 prep bars, the first being empty (in your head) and the second with a clap or very audible “ONE” on the downbeat.
- HD 1920x1080 30fps (most modern phones do this automatically)
- 16:9 landscape (horizontal)
- If using a tablet or phone to record, close out all other programs running and switch to airplane mode and/or turn WiFi off during recording
- Frame yourself from knees to top of head in center, or just off-center to "balance" the frame. Make sure we can see your bow and head
- Send recordings using any method: google drive, maildrop and WeTransfer are recommended. Email is email@example.com
- Clearly label the file with your name and which part you're playing (Cello 1, cello 2, etc)
- Use earbuds/headphones while recording with metronome at quarter note = 160. Please stick with the quarter note so there is no room for rushing or dragging in the measure.
- Wear black
- Deadline to submit a recording is Wednesday, March 3