Lecturer of Musicology
University of Tennessee
School of Music
131 Natalie L. Haslam Music Center
1741 Volunteer Blvd.
Knoxville, TN 37996-2600
Kenneth Dale Disney, lecturer of musicology, is a researcher and percussionist based in the East Tennessee region. They hold a Doctor of Musical Arts in music education from Boston University, and specialize in topics related to music and gender.
Dale performs regularly with the UT Middle East Ensemble, the Marble City Opera Company, Ensemble Swing Time, and the Jericho Brass Band. They have presented research for the American Musicological Association and the Medieval Academy of America. Besides music, Dale enjoys cooking, board games, traveling, and sharing those interests with their wife and two children.
- DMA in music education – Boston University (2018)
- EdS in supervision and administration – Lincoln Memorial University (2011)
- MM in musicology – The University of Tennessee, Knoxville (2008)
- BM in instrumental music education – Tennessee Technological University (2005)
- “Musicology in the Ensemble Setting.” School Band and Orchestra 15, no. 12 (2012).