CLASS PIANO IV
Students who successfully completes this course will be able to:
- Play all major and harmonic minor scales and arpeggios, using traditional fingerings.
- Play chord progressions that modulate to the dominant and subdominant in selected major and relative minor keys.
- Sight-read music.
- Play chord progressions that use augmented sixth chords.
- Play diminished 7th arpeggios.
- Play instrumental scores.
- Perform solo repertoire that modulates to the dominant.
- Play three-part (SAT and SAB) and four-part (SATB) choral scores.
- Sight-read piano repertoire.
- Create a two-hand accompaniment from chord symbols.
- Improvise melodies over chords.
- Perform ensemble repertoire with partners.
- Play modes related to major and minor.
- Harmonize and transpose music that uses secondary dominant chords.