CLASS PIANO III
Students who successfully completes this course will be able to:
- Play all major and harmonic minor scales and arpeggios, using traditional fingerings.
- Play major, minor, augmented, and diminished chords beginning on any key.
- Play triads of the key and inversions in major and harmonic minor keys.
- Sight-read music that uses intervals, broken chords.
- Sight-read hymn style texture.
- Transpose melodies for Bᵇ instruments, Eᵇ alto saxophone and F horn to concert pitch.
- Play two-part and three-part choral scores.
- Identify characteristics of musical style periods.
- Play inversions of V7 chords.
- Harmonize and transpose music with secondary chords.
- Harmonize music with different accompaniment styles: Block chords, Broken chords, Alberti bass, and Waltz style.
- Play chord progressions of following: I-ii6-I6/4-V7-I, I-vi-IV-ii6-I6/4-V7-I, and I-V7/IV-IV-V7-I.