CLASS PIANO II
Students who successfully completes this course will be able to:
- Play natural, harmonic and melodic minor scales and minor arpeggios, using traditional fingerings.
- Play melodic minor, natural minor, chromatic, whole-tone, and blues scales.
- Build a triad of the key on any note of the harmonic minor scale and inversions.
- Play both major and harmonic minor chord progressions of following: I-IV6/4-I-V6/5-I, I-IV6/4-ii-V6/5-I, and I-vi6-IV6/4 -V6/5-I, I-vi-IV-ii6-I6/4-V7-I.
- Play five types of 7th chords and inversions.
- Play Lydian, Mixolydian, Dorian and Phrygian scales.
- Sight-read and transpose music in minor keys.
- Create an accompaniment from chord symbols as well as pop chords.
- Create two-hand accompaniments from chord symbols.
- Improvise melodies over tonic, subdominant, and dominant 7th chords in major and minor keys.
- Perform solo repertoire.