CLASS PIANO I
The student who successfully completes this course will be able to:
- Play major and minor five-finger patterns and triads in all major and minor keys.
- Play major scales and arpeggios using traditional fingerings A, B, C, D, E, F, G,, Dᵇ, Eᵇ, Gᵇ, Aᵇ, and Bᵇ.
- Play triads in root position and inversions in all major and minor keys.
- Play I-V6/5-I, I-IV6/4-I and I-IV6/4-I-V6/5-I chord progressions in all major keys.
- Sight-read and transpose melodies in major and minor five-finger patterns.
- Perform solo repertoire that utilizes major and minor five-finger patterns.
- Harmonize and transpose melodies with tonic, subdominant and dominant 7th tones as an accompaniment.
- Improvise a RH melody for the given chord progression.