Choral students at the University of Tennessee participate in many extracurricular organizations both within the School of Music and in the wider University community. The School of Music recognizes a number of student organizations. These include:
- The American Choral Directors Association
- Music Educators National Conference
- Music Teachers National Association
- Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia (Music fraternity for men)
- Sigma Alpha Iota (Music Fraternity for women)
These organizations as well as many others throughout the University provide students with the opportunity for professional growth and socialization outside of the classroom and are an important part of the university experience.