We look forward to getting to know you! The best way to learn if the University of Tennessee is the right program for you is to schedule a prospective student visit. Take a complimentary lesson with Hillary Herndon, observe an academic class or a rehearsal, come to viola technique or studio class, and meet current students.
To set up a visit, please feel free to e-mail Hillary Herndon email@example.com to schedule a visit. The Music Department also has a First Year Coordinator who can answer questions about the school, the audition process and many other issues that pertain to first year studies. Please do not hesitate to contact our First Year Coordinator, Lori Brown, with any questions that may arise.
- Prospective Undergraduates can find information about applications and auditions HERE.
- Prospective Graduate students can find information about applications and auditions HERE.
- Information about graduate assistantships can be found HERE.
Undergraduate Viola - Performance
- Two contrasting movements from the Solo Bach Suites. From memory, if possible.
- First movement of a standard viola concerto. From memory, if possible.
- One etude by Kreutzer, Fiorillo, Campagnoli or equivalent.
Undergraduate Viola - Music Education & BA
- Any two pieces from two different musical periods
Graduate Viola majors
- Excerpts from a recital program at least 30 minutes in length, including movements from no fewer than three contrasting compostions.