See also: Repertoire List
The Tennessee Cello Workshop hosts a Suzuki cello program on Saturday, February 24, 2018. This one-day Suzuki program is designed for beginning through intermediate cellists ages 4 and above. Participants can anticipate an enjoyable, educational, and motivating experience. Students who are playing standard cello literature, who are twelve or older, or who have the endurance for the full three-day TCW schedule should consider registering for the entire TCW weekend.
Schedule for Suzuki Workshop
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2018
- 10:00 Registration opens. Room and building Orientation
- 10:30 All Cello Play (books 1B-6)
- 11:30 Cello ensemble and master classes
- 12:30 Group Photo
- 12:45 Pizza Lunch (for students and their parents)
- 1:15 Technique Classes/ Movement Classes
- 2:00 Group Master Classes/ Art activities
- 3:00 Master Classes
- 4:30 snack break
- 5:00 Cello Ensemble Rehearsal
- 5:45 Suzuki Student Ensemble Performance
- 6:00 Faculty Recital
Suzuki workshop participants are encouraged to attend the Friday night, the TCW Faculty Cello Recital on Saturday evening, and are also encouraged to attend the Competition Finalists' Recitals and the TCW Cello Ensemble recital on Sunday.
The Suzuki Program participation includes:
- A private lesson in a small group setting (this is offered on a first come, first serve basis, for the first 30 paid registrants)
- Participation in group classes covering technique and repertoire
- Experience improvising
- A group performance opportunity
- A workshop t-shirt
- Pizza lunch/snacks
- Helpful session to encourage Suzuki parentsAccess to recitals and more
- Cello, bow, and end pin stop (with student's name on each)
- Height appropriate chair or stool if student needs a special height
- Healthy snacks, dessert plate to share
- Notebook & camera (for parents)
- Review pieces prepared through student's Suzuki book level
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes
Each student MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A PARENT OR GUARDIAN.
A Polished Piece | Students should bring a memorized, polished piece to play for a teacher in a group lesson setting.
Review Pieces | Please download the following repertoire list for the Suzuki Workshop and begin reviewing the pieces listed through each student's current playing level. These songs will be used for group and technique classes.