Click on the names below to view biographies of our 2018 guest artist.
- Wesley Baldwin, University of Tennessee
In 2018 the Tennessee Cello Workshop Celebrates its 20th anniversary. As part of this celebration, we are bringing two marvelous TCW Competition prizewinners from previous years to share a special alumni recital on Friday night of the TCW, and lead a talk about their experiences and journeys with the cello. The TCW is thrilled to include on its roster of guest artists in 2018 former TCW prize-winners Hannah Moses (Cleveland Institute of Music) and Anne Richardson (The Juilliard School)!
We also welcome for the first time to the TCW in 2018 as guest artist faculty former principal cellist of the Cleveland Orchestra and Houston Symphony, and Cello Professor at Rice University Desmond Hoebig; Central Washington University Cello Professor John Michel, and Furman University Cello Professor Christopher Hutton. These amazing new additions to the TCW lineup are joined by long-term guest artist faculty Dan Allcott, Avi Friedlander, Kirsten Cassel Greer, Lisa Liske-Doorandish, Alicia Randisi-Hooker, and TCW Director Wesley Baldwin.
- Dan Allcott, Tennessee Technological University
- Desmond Hoebig, Rice University
- Christopher Hutton, Furman University
- Lisa Liske-Doorandish, Community Cello Works, Hollins University
- John Michel, Central Washington University
- Alicia Randisi-Hooker, Maryville College