Graduate Students will receive an education toward a variety of career goals, including orchestral career, teaching career, prestigious military bands, solo career and other other options. In addition to two weekly lessons, Graduate students have the opportunity to assist in Solo Class, Group Lessons, Clarinet Choir and Woodwind Methods for Clarinet. The Graduate student is provided opportunities to perform with and for their colleagues and guest artists.
The Graduate Audition requirement is:
- Two Contrasting Solo's from the standard Clarinet repertoire ( see UT Studio page for a list of solos )
- Two contrasting Etudes from the Rose Studies, Cavallini or Baermann studies
- Major scales and 3 forms of Minor Scales
- An interview discussing the students goals for graduate school and career goals
- Sight-Reading and Rhythm assestment
To request an audition, please complete the Graduate Audition Request form.